How to set up your HubSpot CMS site navigation for members
The way you want members to move through and interact on your website is usually subjective but there are some good common options to consider.
Below are the two main options MemberSpace customers have successfully used to ensure their member's experience is intuitive :)
Option 1 - Create a member dashboard page
This is one of the more popular approaches MemberSpace customers use.
- You would first create a page in your HubSpot site (e.g. "/dashboard") and design it however you want. See this case study for a visual example.
- You can then link to this page wherever you want or add it into your main navigation (recommended). Go to the Website pages section in your HubSpot CMS backend > click 'More tools' at the bottom > click 'Advanced menus':
- Click 'Add menu item' > then click 'Add page link' and select your new dashboard page:
Click Publish in the top right when you're done.
- You would then add the page URL as a Member Page in MemberSpace.
- You would make sure to include links on this dashboard page to the various other Member Pages on your website so this acts as the home base for your members to get anywhere else they need to go on your website.
- We recommend you also make this dashboard page the After Log In and After Sign Up page URL for all your Member Plans so new and returning members are brought there automatically.
Option 2 - Create a dropdown in your top navigation
- If you prefer to have links to every Member Page easily accessible in your top navigation, we recommend you add a child item.
- You could set the parent as your dashboard page and then link each of your Member Pages as a child underneath:
Which would look something like this on your website:
- You could also include a Login / Account popup link in the dropdown (as pictured above).