How to add extra security to your Member Pages in Weebly
Why you should add extra security to your Member Pages
There are three main reasons to add extra security to your Member Pages:
- When a visitor goes to the page, they will see its contents for a second or so before the automatic redirect happens. If you don't want visitors to see any information on the page whatsoever, then adding extra security to the page accomplishes that since the page will be completely white until the redirect occurs.
- Most people don't want their Member Pages indexed by search engines (like Google). The best way to prevent indexing is by adding extra security to your Member Page which automatically sends a strong "do not index" signal to Google and other search engines. This does not necessarily work 100% of the time since search engines can choose to ignore the signal, but that very rarely happens.
For members of yours with access to the Member Page, they will not see it whited out.
How to add extra security to your Member Pages
- Click the 'Add Extra Security' button in your MemberSpace backend
- Click the 'Copy' button:
- Make sure you are logged into your Weebly backend.
- Click 'Pages' in the top menu:
- Find the page to which you'd like to add extra security and click it. Then, click 'SEO Settings', scroll down on the left to 'Header Code', and paste in what you copied:
- Lastly don't forget to click 'Publish' in the top right of your screen.