How to add extra security to your Member Pages in Webflow
Why you should add extra security to your Member Pages
There are two main reasons to add extra security to your Member Pages:
- Most people don't want their Member Pages indexed by search engines (like Google). The best way to prevent indexing is by adding extra security to your Member Page which automatically sends a strong "do not index" signal to Google and other search engines. This does not necessarily work 100% of the time since search engines can choose to ignore the signal, but that very rarely happens.
When a visitor goes to a page with extra security, they will still see its contents for a second or so before the page protection popup appears.
For members of yours with access to the Member Page, they will not see it whited out.
How to add extra security to your Member Pages
- Go to Member Pages in your MemberSpace backend > click the Add Extra Security button > click Copy:
- Make sure you are logged into your Webflow backend.
- Click the Pages icon on the left:
- Find the page you want to add extra security to and then click the gear icon to the right of the page name:
- Scroll down to the Custom Code section > paste what you copied into the Inside <head> tag section > click Save in the top right:
- Lastly, don't forget to Publish your changes.