How to add extra security to your Member Pages in Duda
Why you should add extra security to your Member Pages
There are three main reasons to add extra security your Member Pages:
- When a visitor goes to the page they will see its contents for a second or so before the automatic redirect happens. If you don't want visitors to see any information on the page whatsoever, then adding extra security to the page accomplishes that since the page will be completely white until the redirect occurs.
- Most people don't want their Member Pages indexed by search engines (like Google). The best way to prevent indexing is by adding extra security to your Member Page which automatically sends a strong "do not index" signal to Google and other search engines. This does not necessarily work 100% of the time since search engines can choose to ignore the signal, but that very rarely happens.
For members of yours with access to the Member Page, they will not see it whited out.
How to add extra security to your Member Pages
- Click the 'Add Extra Security' button in your MemberSpace backend:
- Click the 'Copy' button:
- Make sure you are logged into your Duda backend.
- Click 'Pages' in the left menu, then click on whatever page you want to add extra security:
- Click 'Widgets' in the menu, then insert the HTML widget anywhere on your page (not the Header or Footer though). It should not affect any spacing or layout:
- Remove the default wording in the HTML Content box and then paste in the code you copied previously and click Update:
Afterwards the page may turn black, but don't worry! First click the Publish (or Republish) button in the top right
- After you publish, simply click refresh in your browser and the page should be visible again
White Label Website Builder
If you are using Duda's White Label Website Builder, add this line of script to the existing extra security code with your white labeled editor URL: