(Legacy Feature) How to integrate Castos
This integration is no longer being offered to new customers. Instead, we recommend you use Castos and Zapier to create a private podcast within your MemberSpace as explained in this guide.
Say you have a podcast, but you only want your members to get access to the feed after they join one of your Member Plans (and lose access if they cancel their plan).
Normally this would be a pain and require manually inviting/removing people via your podcast host.
Thanks to our integration with the podcast hosting and analytics company Castos, you can easily accomplish this automatically!
We are recommending Castos through an affiliate link, which means we earn a commission if you choose to purchase, at no additional cost to you.
Our Castos integration is only available to customers on our current plans. If you're on a legacy plan, you can easily switch to a current plan here.
Why Create A Private Podcast?
A podcast is a great way to share your message, build an audience, and grow your business. So why would anyone want to create a private podcast? There are a few scenarios where creating a private podcast makes sense:
- You run a membership site and want to create a private podcast with special content exclusively for your members.
- You have a podcast and want to create a private advertising-free version of the podcast for your paying subscribers.
- You want to improve internal communication in your company and use a private podcast to share company-wide messages or audio training.
For more ideas and details check out our blog post.
How To Get Set Up
- If you don't already have a Castos account, sign up for a free trial.
- In Castos, add the podcast you want to protect (if you haven't already):
- Under Settings, make sure you fill in the various Feed Details:
You MUST fill in all the Feed Details, otherwise you won't be able to make the podcast private.
- Under Web Page Settings, make sure you toggle Show Podcast Pages to No:
- Click Distribution and make sure you click Podcast is Private:
- Click your name in the top right, then click Integrations:
- Click Rest API, then copy your API token:
- In MemberSpace > click Customize in the top navigation > Integrations > Castos > paste in your API token > click Integrate with Castos:
- After you integrate, choose which of your Member Plans grants access to which of your private podcasts in Castos, then click Update Now:
- And you're done! Now whenever a member joins one of the plans you selected, they will automatically receive an invite email from Castos with information on how to access your private podcast feed.
If a member ever cancels their plan(s), they will automatically lose access to the private podcast feed from Castos.
If you already have members on plans you've checked off for this integration, they will immediately be granted access to the podcast(s) via Castos after you click Update Now.
Anytime you update the checklist of plans and/or the podcasts, the list of subscribers will be synced accordingly.