How to add extra security to your Member Pages in Showit
Why you should add extra security to your Member Pages
There are two main reasons to add extra security to your Member Pages:
- Most people don't want their Member Pages indexed by search engines (like Google). The best way to prevent indexing is by adding extra security to your Member Page which automatically sends a strong "do not index" signal to Google and other search engines. This does not necessarily work 100% of the time since search engines can choose to ignore the signal, but that very rarely happens.
When a visitor goes to a page with extra security, they will still see its contents for a second or so before the page protection popup appears.
For members of yours with access to the Member Page, they will not see it whited out.
How to add extra security to your Member Pages
- Go to Member Pages in your MemberSpace backend > click the Add Extra Security button > click Copy:
- Make sure you are logged into your Showit backend.
- Click Site on the left:
- Under Pages, find the page to which you'd like to add extra security and click it.
- Next, click Advanced Settings at the bottom, right:
- Then, click the text box under Custom Head HTML > paste the Extra Security Code > click Save:
- Lastly, don't forget to click Publish at the top right of your screen.