How to add extra security to your Member Pages in Wix
Why you should add extra security to your Member Pages
There are three main reasons to add extra security to your Member Pages:
- When a visitor goes to the page, they will see its contents for a second or so before the automatic redirect happens. If you don't want visitors to see any information on the page whatsoever, then adding extra security to the page accomplishes that since the page will be completely white until the redirect occurs.
- Most people don't want their Member Pages indexed by search engines (like Google). The best way to prevent indexing is by adding extra security to your Member Page which automatically sends a strong "do not index" signal to Google and other search engines. This does not necessarily work 100% of the time since search engines can choose to ignore the signal, but that very rarely happens.
For members of yours with access to the Member Page, they will not see it whited out.
How to add extra security to your Member Pages
- Click the 'Add Extra Security' button in your MemberSpace account:
- Click the 'Copy' button:
- Make sure you are logged into your Wix backend.
- Click 'Settings' in the left side menu:
- Scroll down to 'Advanced' and click 'Custom Code:
- Click on the 'Add Custom Code' button in the top right:
Paste in the code you copied previously into the code snippet box below.
For the 'Name' section enter whatever you want (e.g. Extra Security Code).
For the 'Add Code to Pages' section click 'Choose specific page' and then select any Member Pages you want the extra security code to appear on.
For the 'Place Code in' section, select 'Body - start', then click 'Apply' at the bottom:
Lastly don't forget to click 'Publish' in the top right of your screen.