Blacking out your Member Pages in Wix
Why you should black out your Member Pages
There are three main reasons to black out your Member Pages:
1. When a visitor goes to the page they will see its contents for a second or so before the automatic redirect happens. If you don't want visitors to see any information on the page whatsoever, then blacking out the page accomplishes that since the page will be completely black until the redirect occurs.
3. Most people don't want their Member Pages indexed by search engines (like Google). The best way to prevent indexing is by blacking out your Member Page which automatically sends a strong "do not index" signal to Google and other search engines. This does not necessarily work 100% of the time since search engines can choose to ignore the signal, but that very rarely happens.
NOTE: For members of yours with access to the Member Page, they will not see it blacked out.
How to black out your Member Pages
1. Click the "Blackout your pages" button in your MemberSpace backend:
2. Click the "Copy" button:
3. Make sure you are logged into your Wix backend.
4. Click "Settings" in the left side menu menu:
5. Scroll down to Tracking & Analytics and click it:
6. Click on the New Tool button in the top right:
7. Paste in the code you copied previously into the code box below. For the "Name" section enter whatever you want (e.g. MemberSpace page blackout). And for the "Add Code to Pages" section click "Choose specific pages" and then select any Member Pages you want the blackout code to appear on. For the "Place Code in" section select "Body - start", then click "Apply" at the bottom:
8.. Lastly don't forget to click "Publish" in the top right of your screen.