How to add tax to Member Plans
The article below is NOT tax advice. We strongly recommend you speak with an attorney and/or accountant to decide the best strategy for collecting and paying your taxes.
When creating your Member Plans, you may want to add a tax e.g. VAT if you're in the EU. Or perhaps you simply want to add a fee of some kind on top of your pricing.
Just follow these simple steps:
- In your Member Plan form, turn Tax/Fee % on:
- Then enter in the percentage tax or fee you want to add on top of your Member Plan's Payment Amount:
Just enter a number (e.g. 7, 6.5, 0.9, etc), don't enter a % symbol.
- Feel free to turn on Tax/Fee Description as well to add additional context for members about what the fee is:
This description will be shown when members are joining this plan and will also appear in each of their invoices as a line item.
- That's it! After you create your plan, whenever someone joins it, they will be charged this new tax/fee and shown your tax/fee description if you enabled it.
You can always edit the tax/fee (or description) in the future, but the new amount will only apply for new people who join the plan.
- If you need suggestions on how to collect taxes across multiple jurisdictions, please read this article.
The MemberSpace & Stripe transaction fees are always charged based on the total amount your customer pays (including your Tax/Fee).