How to migrate customers to Stripe
If you already have customers paying you via another payment processor and you want to get their credit card details into Stripe, you can do that securely!
- First, you'll need to have a Stripe account and connect it with MemberSpace (see instructions).
- The account owner now needs to ask your current processor to transfer your data to Stripe. It can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks, so the sooner you start the process the better. This data transfer will be securely migrating the credit card details over to Stripe (but not the billing history, billing cycles, or subscriptions).
- After you send the transfer request, contact Stripe support to let them know.
- When the request is completed, your customers will now exist in your Stripe account and have their credit cards connected without having to re-enter them.
- At this point, you have two options:
You can manually add each of these customers to a Member Plan in MemberSpace. When you add them to a paid plan, they will be charged right away (if there is no trial), and they will be on a new billing cycle if the plan is recurring.
You can have our support team run an import of these customers so they are added to any Member Plan you want. Similar to Option 1 above, when you import a member onto a paid plan, they will be charged right away (if there is no trial), and they will be on a new billing cycle if the plan is recurring.