How to install MemberSpace on Wix
- In MemberSpace > click Customize > click Integrations > click Wix
- Under '100% Required add install code' > click the Copy button:You'll also notice a checkbox below the code:
Make sure you are logged into your Wix backend (you'll need to be subscribed to any Wix Premium Plan to install MemberSpace).
Click 'Settings' in the left side menu menu:
Scroll down to Custom Code and click it:
Click the 'Add Custom Code' button:
Then paste in the code you copied in Step 2 into the code snippet box.
- For the Name field enter in anything you want (e.g. "MemberSpace Install").
- For 'Add Code to Pages' make sure 'All pages' is selected.
- Make sure 'Load code once' is selected.
- For 'Place Code in' make sure 'Head' is selected
- Click 'Apply' at the bottom:
If you have not connected a custom domain to your Wix site yet, you'll also need to do that now (you can't use the default Wix subdomain with MemberSpace). Here are instructions.
After you connect a custom domain to your Wix, make sure you update your website address in your MemberSpace backend. Go to Customize > Connected Websites > Edit Site > update the website address > then click All Done:
Now people can visit your website and join your Member Plans to get access to your Member Pages!
- To test this, you'll need to visit your live custom domain (not the Wix editor).
If you don't want this default Login / Account button, simply uncheck the box.
However, if you uncheck the box, you MUST add either a Login / Account popup or a Login / Account embed to your site - otherwise your members won't be able to log in or view their account.
Please note, MemberSpace is NOT related to Wix's 'Members Area' concept (below) in any way. We are a separate 3rd party system. If you're curious what the differences are please see our comparison page here.