How to set up your Weebly site navigation for members
The way you want members to move through and interact on your website is usually subjective but there are some good common options to consider.
Below are the two main options MemberSpace customers have successfully used to ensure their member's experience is intuitive :)
Option 1 - Create a member dashboard page
This is one of the more popular approaches MemberSpace customers use.
- You would first create a page in your Weebly site (e.g. "/dashboard") and design it however you want. See this case study for a visual example.
- You would then add the page URL as a Member Page in MemberSpace.
- You would make sure to include links on this dashboard page to the various other Member Pages on your website so this acts as the home base for your members to get anywhere else they need to go on your website.
- We recommend you also make this dashboard page the After Log In and After Sign Up page URL for all your Member Plans so new and returning members are taken there automatically.
- By default when you add a page in your Weebly backend, it will appear in your top navigation which we recommend. If you don't see it there, go to your Weebly backend and find the page by clicking 'Pages' in the top menu and then clicking into the page on the left side menu and then make sure 'Hide in Navigation' is unchecked:
Option 2 - Create a dropdown in your top navigation
- If you prefer to have links to every Member Page easily accessible in your top navigation, we recommend you create a dropdown.
- You could call the dropdown title something like "Member Navigation" and then you would add links to your various Member Pages within the dropdown.
- You could also include a Login / Account popup link in the dropdown.