How to install MemberSpace on WordPress
- Log into your WordPress admin site and go to the "Plugins" section in the menu on the left.
- Search for "MemberSpace" and click the plugin.
- Next, click "Install and activate."
- From there, click the "Manage plugin" button.
- Then, click "Configure Settings" at the top.
- After, click "Create your account."
If you previously created a MemberSpace account and connected your WordPress site, click the link below the "Create your account" button to trigger the automatic configuration. If the automatic configuration is successful, the "Create your account" button will then say "Go to your MemberSpace backend." You can now skip to Step 12 below.
- From there, choose which MemberSpace plan you'd like to join and follow the prompts to create a MemberSpace account.
- Once you create an account, click "Ready to Start?".
- Enter your site information and click "All Done" at the bottom.
- Walk through the setup steps on the left to protect a Member Page and create a Member Plan.
- After, click the green "Next Setup Step" button on the left, and you'll be taken to the Customize > Integrations > WordPress page.
- Click "Complete Installation", and you'll be taken back to the MemberSpace plugin settings in your WordPress backend.
The "Create your account" button should now say "Go to your MemberSpace backend."
- Now people can visit your website and join your Member Plans to get access to your Member Pages!
- To test this, you'll need to be on your live website (not the WordPress editor).
Once you successfully install MemberSpace, the Member Button will automatically display in the bottom right corner of all your website’s pages. To customize the Member Button, check out this guide.
If you previously installed MemberSpace on your WordPress site before February 18th, 2022, please read over our help doc for legacy customers here.