How to set up your Showit site navigation for members
The way you want members to move through and interact on your website is usually subjective, but there are some good common options to consider.
Below are the three main options MemberSpace customers have successfully used to ensure their member's experience is intuitive :)
Option 1 - Enable the Member Menu
The easiest way to set up member navigation is by utilizing our Member Menu feature. Learn more about the Member Menu as well as how to enable it in this guide.
The Member Menu will only display on pages where MemberSpace is installed.
Option 2 - Create a member dashboard page
This is one of the more popular approaches MemberSpace customers use.
- You would first create a page in your Showit site (e.g. "/dashboard") and design it however you want. See this case study for a visual example.
- You would then add the page URL as a Member Page in MemberSpace.
- You would make sure to include links on this dashboard page to the various other Member Pages on your website so this acts as the home base for your members to get anywhere else they need to go on your website.
- We recommend you also make this dashboard page the After Log In and After Signup page URL for all your Member Plans so new and returning members are taken there automatically.
- You could also add a link to this dashboard page in your top navigation within Showit. First, make sure you are logged into your Showit backend.
Then, add a new option (e.g. "Dashboard") to your navigation menu:
Select the new menu option you created and open 'Click Actions' on the right:
Change the link 'Type' to 'Page' > choose the new dashboard website page > click 'Publish' at the top:
MemberSpace must be installed on the dashboard page mentioned in Step 1.
Option 3 - Create a dropdown in your top navigation
- If you prefer to have links to every Member Page easily accessible in your top navigation, we recommend you create a drop-down.
- You could set the drop-down title to something like "Member Navigation". Then, you would add links within the drop-down to your various Member Pages.
- You could also include a Member Link popup in the drop-down.