How to set up your WordPress site navigation for members
The way you want members to move through and interact on your website is usually subjective, but there are some good common options to consider.
Below are the two main options MemberSpace customers have successfully used to ensure their member's experience is intuitive :)
Option 1 - Create a member dashboard page
This is one of the more popular approaches MemberSpace customers use.
- You would first create a page in your WordPress site (e.g. "/dashboard") and design it however you want. See this case study for a visual example.
- You would then add the page URL as a Member Page in MemberSpace.
- You would make sure to include links on this dashboard page to the various other Member Pages on your website so this acts as the home base for your members to get anywhere else they need to go on your website.
- We recommend you also make this dashboard page the After Log In and After Sign Up page URL for all your Member Plans so new and returning members are taken there automatically.
- You could also add a link to this dashboard page in your top navigation within WordPress. First, make sure you are logged into your WordPress backend.
- Then, customize your Menu and add the dashboard page you created in step 1:
Option 2 - Create a dropdown in your top navigation
- If you prefer to have links to every Member Page easily accessible in your top navigation, we recommend you create a drop-down.
- You could set the drop-down title to something like "Member Navigation". Then, you would add links within the drop-down to your various Member Pages.
- You could also include a Login / Account popup link in the drop-down.