How to drip out Content Link access
If you want to drip out Member Pages, please read this guide instead.
Depending on your membership business, you may want to drip out access to various Content Links for your members.
Say for example you have 3 videos you want to drip out over time for members:
- Course - Module 1
- Course - Module 2
- Course - Module 3
And you have one Member Plan called 'Premium Course' with a $200 one time charge.
In our example, you want the 'Course - Module 1' video to be available immediately after someone joins your Premium Course plan.
However, you want the 'Course - Module 2' video available 7 days after signup and the 'Course - Module 3' video available 14 days after signup.
You can easily set this all up in MemberSpace!
- First, you'll need to host all three videos on either YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia. Here are guides for setting that up along with different security options.
In our example, we'll use Vimeo.
- In MemberSpace > click Content Links > click Add Content Links > click Add Videos
- First, we'll add the 'Course - Module 1' video like this:
By selecting Immediately under When should this content now be available?, you're making the content available as soon as someone joins your Member Plan.
If you have multiple Member Plans, the timing is relative to whenever they first joined any plan.
- Next, we'll add the 'Course - Module 2' video:
So this content will now only be available to a member 7 days after they initially signed up for your plan.
- Lastly, we'll add the 'Course - Module 3' video like this:
This content will now only be available to a member 14 days after they initially signed up for your plan.
- That's it, you're all done!
We recommend you link out to your three Content Links somewhere that's obvious to your members. Learn more about designing and setting up your member navigation.
- If a member tries to access one of the Content Links they don't have access to yet, they will see a notification like this:
To edit the wording of the notification in MemberSpace > click Customize > Custom Wording > Notifications & Alerts > scroll down to Drip content not yet available text and edit it > then click Save Changes when done.
If you chose to embed the Content Link (not popup), then your members won't see any notification message. The embedded content simply won't show at all on the page until it is available to the member.
If a member cancels their recurring/multiple charge Member Plan which granted access to a Content Link that was being dripped out and then rejoins that plan, their drip period will start over. If the member was on a free or one time charge plan that expired or was canceled for them and rejoins the plan, their drip period will NOT start over.